- The Social Distillery
- Isle of Harris Gin
- Find Our Spirit
- The Hearach Single Malt
The Harris Lavender Martini
By Anastasia Mourgela, The 158 Club Lounge at Hutchesons City Grill, Glasgow, UK.
"Garnished with a lavender flower, this is a really delicate twist on a Martini."
- 50ml Isle of Harris Gin
- 7.5ml Briottet Creme de Violette Liqueur
- 15ml Dolin Vermouth de Chambéry (Dry)
- Dried Lavender flowers
- Chill a Martini glass with crushed ice.
- Pour the dry vermouth over the crushed ice.
- In a chilled mixing glass, add 3 lavender flowers, Isle of Harris Gin and the Creme de Violette.
- Add cubed ice to the mixing glass and stir with a bar spoon for precisely 45 seconds to achieve the desirable dilution.
- Discard crushed ice and vermouth from the Martini glass.
- Double strain contents of the mixing glass into the vermouth washed Martini glass.
- Garnish with a dried lavender flower.
In the heart of the Merchant City, Hutchesons City Grill is set within the sumptuous reincarnation of one of Scotland’s most iconic Grade-A listed buildings. Its 158 Club Lounge is homage to old-school Glasgow glamour, serving spectacular shellfish alongside cocktails from their carefully curated bar.
"As the Isle of Harris Gin is a very smooth spirit which leaves a very subtle aftertaste, it is perfect to work with more delicate flavours such as lavender, which is a personal favourite. As the drink was created at Hutchesons, the home of the Parma Violet cocktail, adding Violette liqueur was a must. The dose allows for a perfect lavender colour to be achieved. Garnished with a lavender flower, this is a really delicate twist on a Martini. Not too wet, not too dry, and created in a way to simply compliment rather than overbear the flavour of the Isle of Harris Gin."
The 158 Club Lounge at Hutchesons City Grill, 158 Ingram Street, Glasgow, G1 1EJ
Visit the Hutchesons City Grill website www.hutchesonsglasgow.com
Briottet Creme de Violette Liqueur available from The Bottle Bank
Dolin Dry Vermouth available from Berry Bros. & Rudd.
Dried Lavender available from Shropshire Lavender.